Well finally I am posting part 2 of our trip! Sorry for the wait, I have been horrible about getting these pics up. I will try to get Part 3 and 4 up soon since school has started and I know I will be busy, but here are a bunch of pictures of our stay on the island of Hawaii, or better known as the Big Island. I have captioned the photos below, so enjoy! & hopefully soon I'll have the rest up! :)

" The Coffee Barn" aka our room...basically a screened in room, small bath, with an outdoor shower...(that was interesting). We were here only 2 nights.

another view of the room

A place of refuge (don't know the Hawaiian name) a very very old place where people could come to for sanctuary.

A Place of Refuge

A place of refuge

Brandon relaxing!!

A place of refuge

The painted church

A beautiful church with trompe l'oeil paintings (the illusion of depth in a 2 dimensional painting or "trick of the eye"). The priest who painted them was not an artist and knew nothing of trompe l'oeil paintings.


statue in front of the church, by the cemetary.

a kneeling statue in front of the other statue.

The next few pics are of South Point...the southern most point in the United States. Brandon got to cliff dive here, and I had to include the pics again even though I already blogged about it on another post.

coast at South Point.

Platforms at South Point...a lot of places to dive off this cliff!! :O


One of two holes that people will jump into...don't worry Brandon wasn't that crazy, but we did witness a few people jumping in.

Here is one of those crazy people jumping through the hole, Brandon was able to climb down another hole to get this shot and you can see a ladder hanging further back in the picture. People do climb up the ladder but it is old and rusty.

Brandon flying through the air!!!


Climbing back up the easy way...not up the ladder!


Black sand beach.

close-up of the sand! It was very fine and soft...although wet from the rain.

Ginger grows abundantly here.

Kilauea volcano, Hawaii's active volcano.


Our rental car amidst all the lava rock.

A view of the plume from where the lava flows into the ocean

The end of the road...literally!

a beautiful tree lined street in the South Eastern tip of the Big Island.
Our drive to Waimea Hawaii, lots of fog, but it was so green and beautiful!
2 comments:
Oh, wow! Everything looks soo beautiful! I'm jealous. Hawaii is somewhere I'd really like to visit sometime. It always reminds me of Magnum P.I., haha.
Thanks for sharing!
I used to love to watch Magnum P.I.!!! THanks for the post! We had a great trip...and I hopefully will get the rest of the pics up soon!! Take care Michelle!
Post a Comment