It's sad I've lived her for 10 1/2 years and had never been to this museum. I must admit we used to live probably 45 minutes away, but now it is 8 minutes from our house. So I decided to take Sophie and Joshie today. It was nice and quiet and we almost had the whole museum to ourselves. I thought it might be a bit scary for her, but she loved it and was excited to see all the different animals! Of course my thought was how on earth did they acquire all these (dead) animals! Their webpage mentions that most of the animals here are over a hundred years old and were donated by "various government agencies, wildlife rehabilitation centers, captive breeding programs, zoos and individuals", so I assume once they pass away they donate the carcass to them. Kind of interesting and a great way to gets up close and personal to these types of animals. I got a lot of pics of her and the museum so enjoy! (picture overload...sorry!)
 |
| Can't ever sit still! ;) |
 |
| Her gift shop surprise! |
No comments:
Post a Comment