I had the wonderful opportunity to help and volunteer with my good friend Melissa and some other good friends at Central City Assembly this year with their Christmas for the homeless. There was a backpack challenge to either assemble a backpack for a homeless person or donate to help with the backpacks. Each backpack had a pair of socks, a scarf, gloves, a water bottle, snacks, and a $5 gift card. I was able to help donate some money to help assemble some and Sophia and I took on the challenge to fill our own backpack to donate. She loved going to the store and finding all the items. They had over 350 backpacks handed out, and here is the article/video about it.
http://www.kvoa.com/news/tucson-challenge-to-help-the-homeless-goes-national/#.VIz1w-wynSI.facebook Also just an fyi they state there were over 500 backpacks handed out, but I believe that is incorrect and our number of 350 is closer. They also had food that they served too.
It was a very humbling experience and I was able to help my friend out too by taking some pictures of the event. Here are some of my images below. Hope to help with this again next year too, if they do it again! :)
 |
| My friends Angie, Melissa, and Kim! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment