Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving!

It has been a while since I posted last, seems like I never have time anymore. My class has been stressing me, but our last class is this next week and then our final project is due...Yay!! I am almost done with the semester. Thanksgiving was nice for us. We were invited over to a friend's house, so we enjoyed a delicious meal! Then on Friday we drove to Silver City New Mexico (about 3 1/2 hours away) and stayed in their historic downtown at a quaint hotel. We went to the City of Rocks State Park on Saturday, a unique volcanic formation of rocks (there are only 6 like it in the world), it was very interesting, but cold. Then we went to the Catwalk National Scenic Trail by Glenwood NM. Back in the late 1800's there were pipes that connected to a mill through the canyon, they mined for gold and silver, and the workers dubbed it the "catwalk" because of the pipeline. It was about a 2 mile round trip hike. We saw a lot of small waterfalls and the beautiful fall leaves.

We also decided at the last moment to take a trip the last week of December (since I have two weeks off for the holiday break). We are going to be going to New York City for the week of New Years eve! We are very excited. So I am sure when we are back on January 2nd I will have tons to post from our New York City adventure.




Our Hotel room in Silver City





A street in Historic Downtown


The City of Rocks State Park


One of the many "catwalks" on our hike.



One of the many waterfalls we saw



Brandon on the suspension bridge

2 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Emily. :)

So what's your idea of cold? Hehehe. I hate winter. I need to move down there...

Autumn said...

Sounds exciting!!! I miss having you here for holidays!!! I can't wait to hear about New york City!!!