I have wonderful news!!! I applied for a Junior Fellowship position at the Library of Congress and the position closed on April 2nd. Much to my surprise I received an email from them on Thursday April 8th, had a phone interview on April 9th and was offered the position! I took the weekend to do some research on living arrangements, flights, etc. But as of today I have accepted the position and will be working there for 10 weeks this summer!
I graduate May 14th and what a wonderful way to end my graduate program in Library Science by working at the Library of Congress. I will be working in the American Folklife Center at the library, and working on the Veterans History Project (my work will be particularly focused on items from World War I). Here are the links to the American Folklife Center page and the Veterans History project page: http://www.loc.gov/folklife/ & http://www.loc.gov/vets/
While I am there I will be updating my blog regularly with information regarding my stay in DC.
Picture courtesy of The Library Of Congress (http://loc.gov/pictures/resource/highsm.01951/)

9 comments:
Em!!
That's so exciting i'm very happy for you!!! What a great opportunity for you!! So when do you leave? It's not going to interfere with my trip is it? Let me know!!!
Thanks Autumn!! Totally doesn't interfere with your trip at all..I won't leave until the beginning of June! :)
Awesome, Emily!
That is so cool. My brother lives nearby and works at NPR. Congrats on your graduation, too.
Heather
I LOVE DC!
This is so freaking awesome! I'm squealing with joy!!! Can you hear me?
Congrats!
How amazing are you?! :)
That's a fantastic opportunity! It will be wonderful. :) So excited for you! :) HAVE FUN!!!!
WOW! Little girl in a BIG city! Neat opportunity though. I hope it goes well...I doubt they have any Mavericks there either...
Heather I didn't know your brother worked for NPR..how cool!! Thanks for the congrats...sooo excited!
Thanks Michelle, Mandy, and Mindy!!!
Everyone make sure to check my blog in the summer!!! I'll try to post a lot!
Emily, that is awesome!! Congratulations, what a great experience. Can't wait to read your blog updates in DC!
Emily! That is SOOO freakin' awesome! Congrats and I can't wait to check the blog and read all about it :)
Post a Comment