Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tumamoc Hill

There is a very popular hiking trail behind our house and with a little research Brandon found out that they had a library up there. The hill is owned by the University of Arizona and is called Tumamoc Hill. It has a paved road and has a ton of hikers, walkers, runners that go on it every morning and evening. Actually from our bedroom window you can see the hill and portions of the road and all the walkers going up the hill. Brandon ventured out and hiked it to the top and it has spectacular views of Tucson! Here is their website: http://www.tumamoc.org/index.html After purusing it for a bit Brandon saw that on the volunteer page they mention need help cataloging and scanning for the library. So I emailed the lady there and am going to meet with her this week about volunteering there. Anyone who knows me knows I love libraries and I especially love cataloging! I am looking forward to helping them out and learning more about this little library!

We all hiked up it Sunday evening (well not to the top, but to the first set of buildings) and it was quite a steep hike, especially pushing the strollers, but was worth it. Poor Sophie even wanted to hike a bit, but took a little spill and scraped her knee and hand up. :( She wanted to keep going though and was a good sport.

Here are a few pics I took of the view! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Emily, very cool! I'm glad you made such a great discovery. I'm sure the library will be glad, too!

Emily said...

Thanks Holly!