 |
| picture courtesy of morguefile.com |
I meant to post this a week or so ago, but have been so busy I forgot. For those who don't already know, I interviewed for a librarian postion on July 1st and was offered the position! So once I start I can officially call myself a librarian! YAY! I will be working for the Arizona State Department of Corrections as a prison librarian. Not exactly the library I ever thought I would work in, but a library none-the-less! I am excited and have heard such positive and wonderful things about working in a prison library. I am still working on all the paperwork they have sent me, which was a lot. I have had to go and get a drug test, get paperwork notarized, and still need to get my fingerprints taken (having issues getting the mail with the fingerprint cards). But once I have my fingerprints taken and everything sent back (and assuming I pass the background check...since I have such a sketchy past! *wink* hehe) I am hoping to start the end of August. I am relieved as I didn't think I would be able to find a job so soon with how competitive librarian jobs are in Tucson and with the economy. I think this will be a challenging yet rewarding position and I am looking forward to starting and learning all I can about prison libraries. I am already reading a book I checked out here at the Library of Congress. I'm sure I'll have lots to post once I start my new job, so stay tuned for more!
2 comments:
WWOW Emily! That's awesome! Congrats and I can't wait to hear all the tales from your new job :)
Thanks Jessie! I am excited!!
Post a Comment