I went to the National Cathedral yesterday with some friends. I am glad I got to go, as this was once place I wanted to visit before I leave DC. It is a beautiful church with so many unique things about it. In 1907 it was started but wasn't completely finished until 1990. It has a lot of old and new characteristics that are a part of the architecture. There is a Darth Vader gargoyle (didn't get to see this as I believe you need binoculars) they also have a moon rock that is imbedded in one of their stained glass windows (I have a picture posted below of the window). We had a nice visit here and got to go to a delicious restaurant afterwards and to see the movie Inception (a great movie by the way...very different, but I enjoyed it). Overall a very productive day of sightseeing and exploring DC.
The stained glass with a moonrock embedded in it (it is towards the top in the center of the black circle)
They even have a statue of George Washington...very fitting for DC!
No comments:
Post a Comment