Friday, December 13, 2013

Tumamoc Hill Library

I mentioned in another post I was going to be volunteering at the Tumamoc library right by our house. I've been in a couple of times to meet with them to see what they want done, etc... but went in for the first time to do some work on Monday of this week. It is definitely a library that needs some help. There isn't a librarian or really anyone who maintains it, it just really sits there and was at one point organized by another volunteer (very poorly I might add). Nothing is cataloged and I am going to be challenged in doing my project for sure, but it will be an adventure and something I can definitely add to my resume. I only had my camera phone, so the pics aren't that great. I believe the building the library is in was built in 1902 (not positive though), but it is a beautiful building and quaint (tiny) library. Here are the few pics I got, as I said the library is very small!

No comments: