Friday, August 22, 2008

The Host

Well I just finished the book "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer, and I absolutely loved it! I loved it tons better than the Twilight series (which I still haven't finished). I don't know if it is because it is supposedly an "adult" novel, and is not geared towards teenagers, but it instantly captured my attention and I could not put it down. The book has such a creative plot, Meyer really pulls it off too. For those who have not heard of the book, it portrays a bodysnatchers type invasion of earth, and Melanie who's body is the host to one of these "souls" refuses to give up her mind. The soul named "Wanderer" sees all of Melanies thoughts and memories and her first job is to search these to find out where other humans may be hiding and lead the Seekers to them, but unfortunately Melanie is still there in her mind and is blocking information that Wanderer is trying to get. I don't want to give anything away, so I will leave it at that. This book is fascinating and I would recommend it to anyone! It is not gory or a horror-like novel like some would think it would be. I am hoping Brandon will even read it since he likes Scifi. Thanks Amy for giving this to me for my birthday!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Hmmm, I swore off reading this book. I do trust your opinion on literature, so I might give it a try. I think I'll ask around a little more, though, and get some other opinions. The Twilight series just took the desire right out of me. Sorry, but Meyer didn't write them that well, so I didn't expect this one to be very well written, either. I may just have to read it to find out, I guess.