Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Despereaux!

I just have to say that I absolutely love the book "the tale of Despereaux" by Kate Dicamillo. I found out that this will be a movie opening at Christmas time. Yay! If you haven't read this book...make sure you do. It is a great book (& a Newberry medal winner) and I hope the movie lives up to my expectations. It stars Matthew Broderick (as Despereaux), Dustin Hoffman, Emma Watson, and Sigourney Weaver. (picture courtesy of imdb.com)

And speaking of children's books becoming a movie....Coraline by Neil Gaiman will be out February 2009 starring Dakota Fanning (an animation). A very creepy, strange, & interesting book. I really enjoyed reading it, but I like creepy and strange books! :)

I have been into children's books for a long time and actually enjoy reading them more than adult fiction books. I guess that is why I am in Grad school right now (Library Science)...so I can eventually become a children's librarian, my ultimate goal. So I may have a few reviews of books on this blog as well.

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Yay! I love book reviews! Yes, I have read Despereaux. But I don't remember it. I'll have to read it again. Isn't there another one, too? My mom loved it and told me I have to read it, and now I think I'll have to read it again! Instead of the Twilight books. . . Did you read my post. Yeah, I'm a little frustrated. Have you read them?

I'll send you an email later. Thanks for posting!