Today I spent 4 hours at the National Gallery of Art. I saw some of the most beautiful works of art and I absolutely loved it. I probably could have stayed longer only my feet were telling me something different! It is a wonderful museum. I saw a lot of paintings by artists I studied in my art history classes. I have been here one other time with my sister (when she lived in VA) and with my parents. I remembered a few works I saw then, but saw so many other works of art I hadn't seen up close and personal before. I was able to get a few photos (with my flash off of course) and had lunch in the cafe there. I had an enjoyable day and may venture out in a bit to find some good food! I have included some of the pictures of just a handful of paintings I saw. Enjoy! :)
National Gallery of Art
Jean Honore Fragonard (this one is for you Toni!!! )
John Singer Sargent
George Bellows
Andrew Wyeth
Pablo Picasso
Edgar Degas
Pablo Picasso
1 comment:
I am so, so jealous!
Post a Comment