Sunday evening I was able to get together with 2 childhood friends that I haven't seen in about 20 years! Ang and Ericka live in Alexandria, Virginia, and were so sweet to invite me over to Sunday dinner at their apartment. So I rode the metro there and had a delicious dinner and got to reminisce about the past and catch up on each others lives! I had such a great time visiting with them and hope I get to see them again before I leave. They made chicken cordon bleu and it was soooo good, I haven't had a meal that good since I've been in DC.
After dinner they drove me back to the District and took the scenic route; I got to see trees full of fireflies, and the monuments at night reflected in the Potomac River, both were truly beautiful sights! Overall a very enjoyable evening!
My two supposed roommates were supposed to move in yesterday (at least that is what I thought), but still no roommates. I am enjoying my privacy and the apartment all to myself, but have been looking forward to not being so lonely. I am hoping my roomies move in sometime this week.
One other little side note; went to take out the garbage on Sunday morning out the back door and found an enormous dead rat on the stairs...very very digusting! It filled up the whole stair almost, but thankfully today when I got home from work it was gone along with a lot of trash that was on the ground, so I am assuming someone from maintenance cleaned it up. At least the rat wasn't alive when I walked out there, and thankfully it wasn't in my apartmet!
I'll write more later in the week. I am going to a Capitol tour and the American Library Association Conference starts on Thursday so I'll be going to some sessions in the evening and on the weekend! I'll have lots to post by the end of the week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment