Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In the News!

Well not much new with me this week, so I haven't been posting everyday. So far I am still working on content descriptions for more WWI interviews. Our internship coordinator emailed out this link to us today. It is a news article released by the Library of Congress on their website. It describes the internship program I am involved in and lists all 41 interns, the state and university they are from, and what division they are working in.

Tomorrow all interns are going to be meeting the Librarian of Congress (Dr. James Billington) and have our photo taken with him. Dr. Billington is 82 years old and has been the Librarian since 1987. He is the 13th Librarian to hold the title since the establishment of the Library in 1800. Today while I was in the main library one of my supervisors pointed out that his living quarters are actually in the library (she said it is beautifully decorated). The position is for life, so he will remain the Librarian until he passes away. Just a little bit of fun trivia for everyone! :)

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow! That's cool about the Librarian! A job for life. Wow... :)

Cool for being in the news, too. :D