Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day One in DC!

Well I survived the airplane, and had a bit of a problem checking in late at night to my apartment (That is a whole other story!), but I am here and so ready to start my internship position on Monday.
I found a small market close to my apartment and went and got a few groceries. Then I decided to venture to the National Museum of the American Indian. It was a nice walk and I passed by some beautiful buildings, including the Library of Congress! The Library is comprised of 3 buildings so I got pictures of all three as I walked to the Museum.

The Library of Congress
Adams Building (Library of Congress)
Madison Building (Library of Congress)
National Museum of the American Indian

I had 2 different people tell me I absolutely had to eat at the cafeteria in this museum...so I headed there first. I had the chipolte chicken fry bread taco...one word...DELICIOUS! I was so glad I went there. I went through the 4th floor of the museum which was quite big; I'll have to go back and see the 3rd and 2nd floors. Then I just wandered and took pictures and sweltered in the horrible humidity...it was so nice to get back to a cool apartment and just veg! It is raining right now, so I hope it isn't tomorrow as I hope to go and see the Eastern Market. I am enjoying myself so far, but am a bit lonely and wish I had Brandon here to enjoy all of this with me! I am very much looking forward to him visiting!

Here are a few pics of some of the things I saw today while out on my walk!


  
Some exhibits I saw at the museum
Botanical Gardens with Capitol in background
The Capitol
Sculpture in the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

How fun! And that food makes me hungry. :)

I'm so glad things are going well!